Before I forget - take part in the poll at the top left of this blog...and I've done several posts today, so read on down...and they always post most recent news at the top! There are a couple of pictures now below!!!
Ok. now to the update:
Haven't spoken directly with a Dr. since the readings, but what I have heard is that Jacob more than likely doesn't have Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Which is great news. He has begun feedings and has done well so far (please pray for my milk to come soon!!!). At the last feeding the nurse told me that he hasn't tolerated the weaning off of the OxyHood, and still is doing a considerable amount of grunting. So keeping him oxygenated is top priority. The Drs. had just started the nightly rounds so I should have more info sometime during the night as to a game plan. There is talk of putting him on the C-PAP in order to open up his lungs some more which means he could be here more than just a couple of days. I guess it's all still up in the air. Hopefully as the night progress, I'll know more!
Just out of curiosity this morning I asked the drs. what they thought about RDS being hereditary or more likely to occur in sibling groups. They said that the cases that have been studied and ruled genetically have been more severe cases of RDS. But there have been cases showing that it possible that it does occur more often in one family than another. Also that even a big, healthy full term baby could still need just that little bit of extra air for a few days. I thought that was very interesting and well, sounds like it might just match our family!
P.S. Jacob is too cute! He has short stubby hands and feet! He's already got his fists ready to fight the first boy that tries to court his big sister!
Friday, January 18, 2008
X-Ray Readings
Posted by We are the Duprees! at 9:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment